Answered

What to do with sonos when you buy a new TV

• 21 November 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello everybody,

Im writing this topic because i cant find a clear solution to my problem.

I got a Samsung TV (2016) where i got my sonos system (sonos one SL x2, Sub, Sonos beam).

I’m using the optical cable because this old tv dosent have the eARC HDMI.

I’m going to upgrade my tv to a new one and i’m goint to use the HDMI eARC for my sonos system.

I would like to know what do i have to do to move my sonos system from the old TV to a the new one.

I don’t know if i need only to install the new remot controller or else.

Thank you very much for your help.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 21 November 2022, 17:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

You don’t have to do anything special. Just run TV Setup under the Beam’s settings in the Sonos app and follow the instructions. Also make sure you have CEC enabled in your TV settings. For Samsung TVs, it’s called Anynet+.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You do not need eARC for the Beam. ARC is enough. My Samsung from 2011 already had ARC. Are you sure your much newer Samsung does not?

Great thing about connecting a TV by HDMI instead of optical is that the TV will relay the commands of the remote to the Beam. No need to set up the remote.

Userlevel 1

yeah it got it @106rallye , but to be fair at the time i was new to the soundbars and i didnt see that.

After i put the tv on the wall I didnt change it to be fair.

By the way, I’m going to buy an LG instead so I wanted to know excactly what to do.

So as @GuitarSuperstar said, i have only to plug my beam to the new tv and go to the TV Setup on the sonos app.

Userlevel 7

yeah it got it @106rallye , but to be fair at the time i was new to the soundbars and i didnt see that.

After i put the tv on the wall I didnt change it to be fair.

By the way, I’m going to buy an LG instead so I wanted to know excactly what to do.

So as @GuitarSuperstar said, i have only to plug my beam to the new tv and go to the TV Setup on the sonos app.

CEC on LG is called Simplink. Enable this in the TV settings and then run TV Setup in the Sonos app. Don’t connect the Beam to the new TV until the Sonos app instructs you to.

Userlevel 1

Ok thanks, Ill let you know in the weekend :)

My tv will arrive on friday so ill work on it on saturday :)

Userlevel 1

Hello guys, i’m late.

Everything went fine with the new TV, I did what you told me and it worked.

You are the best :)