Answered

What to add as rears to Beam and a Sub for 5.1?

• 19 November 2018
  • 2 replies

I already own a Beam and Sub and I am now looking to add a couple of speakers as rears to make it a 5.1 setup.

From my current understanding, the logical solution is to add a couple of Play 1's, because once added to the setup the Beam, Sub and Play 1s will operate as a single cohesive entity, so AirPlay 2 and Alexa is cover by this functionality being available on the Beam.

I realise I won't be able to independently use AirPlay 2 with the Play 1's, but I can't think of a reason I would want to, and so, for my desired solution, the only real difference will be the aesthetics of the Play 1's' silver mesh against the Ones' white mesh....and the cost saving between the 1's and Ones.

...or am I missing something?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by John B 19 November 2018, 13:39

That sounds like a well-researched, accurate summary of the situation. Unless I'm missing something......
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

That sounds like a well-researched, accurate summary of the situation. Unless I'm missing something......
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Multi-colored Sonos One speakers from Hay?

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/hay-sonos-one-limited-edition.html

The Play 1s still make more sense but if the wife likes the colors...