what happened to support?

• 15 December 2017
  • 12 replies

Sonos used to have fantastic support. Where has the support gone? Anyone else agree?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
I tried to call on the phone today and it was a 30 minute wait!
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
I am a new Sonos owner and have called tech support twice already and have hold times great than 45 minutes. Very dissapointing for high priced item like this and inexcusable.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
They did wind the support back about 6months ago, covering less hours.
I guess they eventually will move to chat support from within the sonos app on your phone like sky are trying to do.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
They are slammed right now. With all the Alexa support and as always during Holidays they are overwhelmed.

Try calling any company support right now your going to have long waits.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
Not true of Apple, which Sonos is sometimes compared too. Called Apple Tech support yesterday and got right in. They are the gold standard. When you pay a premium you expect premium service too and a 45 minute wait is unacceptable.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I have seen Sonos reps. mixed in here on board all day answering questions and looking at diagnostics.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
So, that is great, but has nothing to do with calling and talking to a live person. There is only so far board questions can go. Again talking to someone in a timely fashion is expected with any company that should offer great customer service with high price point products. Why don't you try calling in and seeing for yourself and your responses are no help.
Not true of Apple, which Sonos is sometimes compared too. Called Apple Tech support yesterday and got right in. They are the gold standard. When you pay a premium you expect premium service too and a 45 minute wait is unacceptable.

You pay (a lot) extra for Applecare. Not for Sonos support, which is free.
So, that is great, but has nothing to do with calling and talking to a live person. There is only so far board questions can go. Again talking to someone in a timely fashion is expected with any company that should offer great customer service with high price point products. Why don't you try calling in and seeing for yourself and your responses are no help.

You can also email support, and get a response within 24 hours.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Speaking for the team, we've been slammed of late. There's been a lot of excitement around Alexa and the Sonos One, and with the holidays on top, our phone teams have been busy. Also, the first in California had one of our call centers evacuated for the last couple weeks. Our technicians are hard at work helping everyone out before the holidays, and our management is working to bring on new staff all the time around the world.

If you need a hand, I encourage you to stick around on the phone lines. The technicians are talented, knowledgeable and will help. You can also catch us on Twitter @SonosSupport and on Facebook.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Oh wow Ryan - I didn't realize you all had to a center evacuate from the fire. Hope everyone's homes were safe!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Oh wow Ryan - I didn't realize you all had to a center evacuate from the fire. Hope everyone's homes were safe!
Yep, everyone's safe. The evacuations we just lifted today, for the most part, so we'll have people in the offices in the next couple days. It was pretty bad this time around, hazard warnings in the air and we couldn't walk outside without masks.