Answered

Volume Levels Across Apps

• 27 March 2019
  • 1 reply

When I switch from Xfinity cable, to Netflix to Amazon Prime to Google Play; the volume level from my playbar and Play 1 surround sound setup varies wildly. On one App the volume is perfect then I switch to another and the sound is booming and switch to the next and the sound is barely discernible.
Has anyone else had this issue - is there something I am doing wrong?
icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 27 March 2019, 02:39

Hi simonj4599

There's nothing wrong with your Sonos nor are you doing anything wrong. Different providers will vary the audio volume that is sent. One prime example is the volume of a commercial versus that of the program you may be watching. The commercial volume is inherently boosted to get your attention.

Unfortunately, there is no set-it and forget-it for volume when listening to different sources...as much as we'd like it to be.:8 Just be thankful you have a remote and/or touch device 😉 LOL

Cheers!
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Hi simonj4599

There's nothing wrong with your Sonos nor are you doing anything wrong. Different providers will vary the audio volume that is sent. One prime example is the volume of a commercial versus that of the program you may be watching. The commercial volume is inherently boosted to get your attention.

Unfortunately, there is no set-it and forget-it for volume when listening to different sources...as much as we'd like it to be.:8 Just be thankful you have a remote and/or touch device 😉 LOL

Cheers!