Volume in increments of two

• 26 December 2020
  • 4 replies

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

I have the Beam connected to a brand new Sony UHD TV… it’s fantastic, but the volume increases and decreases in increments of two, regardless of whether I use the TV or Sky remote control. I’d like it to increase and decrease in single increments ideally… can this be adjusted?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I have the Beam connected to a brand new Sony UHD TV… it’s fantastic, but the volume increases and decreases in increments of two, regardless of whether I use the TV or Sky remote control. I’d like it to increase and decrease in single increments ideally… can this be adjusted?

I’ve been waiting for years after me and many others have complained. They spend more time creating new hardware than they do improving the software apparently. This needs to be changed ASAP!

Badge

Hello !

I have the same problem and my TV is Sony Bravia too, model A8F.

Would be happy if this is solved!

I’m replying with the hope that Sonos sees that I have the same situation and would like the availability of single digit increments. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @RB6.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks reaching out to us. the very basic incremental increase and decrease of volume is not yet a supported feature of the Sonos App in general. However, I will be more than happy to send this to our engineering team as a feature request in considering an option to increase or decrease the volume based on numeric increments. I would suggest subscribing to our announcement topic for any feature release, feature updates, and bug fixes. Just to set your expectation, you will not be contacted by our engineering team so I suggest subscribing to this thread an to our announcement topic.

If you have any other questions, concerns, or feature requests, please do not hesitate to reach out or create a topic. We highly appreciate it.

Thanks,