Question

Volume fluctuates with music

• 28 June 2020
  • 4 replies

I've had the playbar, sub and play 1's to make a 5.1 system. When I'm watching a normal show on TV and music comes on, the volume is very loud. It's much louder than the dialogue so I'm always turning the volume up and down which is extremely annoying. I have to watch everything with the remote in my hand. No other system that I've used has done this. I tried the dialogue feature which didn't help. My tv is set to Dolby digital on a Samsung 8 series tv. The loudness feature is off and bass and treble and sub are set. What can I do about this?

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Xvipx, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community.  I appreciate you taking the time to do some basic troubleshooting to resolve the issue. Regarding your concern, Kindly submit a diagnostic report so we can further check on what could be causing this issue. 

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

I've submitted the report with number 483087034. Thank you

I've also started having a new issue right before the last update. The speakers become distorted and give off a buzzing sound during playback. It happens every couple of days. I have to reset the system by unplugging it to fix the issue. It wasn't doing it on this last report. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Xvipx, Thanks for the update and  I appreciate you taking the time to submit the diagnostic report, Upon checking. the issue that we saw on the diagnostic is that the Sonos Sub is offline. You may try to do a power cycle on the Sub and check if that will work. Regarding on the other issue that you have, for further assistance, Kindly contact our phone support team to further check the distortion and buzzing issue on the products. They’re open Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 10 pm EST. Our phone support number: 1-800-680-2345.