Answered

Volume controls work on and off with Direct TV Remote

• 5 June 2018
  • 1 reply

I just set up my Sonos yesterday. I have synced the Direct TV remote with Sonos. But every now and then the remote control volume does not work .. Have to use the app.. Again it works at some times but it is not in sync with the app volume.. Its very confusing and looks very buggy. Never had such an experience with my previous home theatre..
Also some time when we start the TV there is no volume at all..
How can i resolve this ?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 5 June 2018, 20:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I don't think I have a good answer for you, as I tend not to ever use my DirecTV remotes with either of my PLAYBARs. That being said, I've never had an issue with either PLAYBAR in receiving the IR signal from my Harmony remotes, so I'd suggest a couple of potential things to investigate.

1) Make sure that there's nothing in the way of the IR signal. Make sure that you can "see" the window on the PLAYBAR.
2) Try replacing the batteries on the DirecTV remote. It may be that they're on their last legs, and occasionally don't have enough power to send the appropriate signal.
3) Finally, with regards to the "volume" issue, I'd make sure that your TV has the optical output set to Fixed, rather than Variable, if your TV does have such a setting, and let the Sonos actually control the volume, not the TV.