Answered

Volume control for my Sonos possible with the remote

• 29 March 2019
  • 3 replies

Is it possible to have one of my remotes (Sharp TV remote or Dish remote) turn up/down the volume to my Sonos Beam instead of me getting up to manually do it on the sound bar? Or maybe Sonos has a remote i can use? I went to advanced settings/allow volume control on home screen and turned it off. This is so that I could control my volume to my cell phone's volume buttons WHICH INTERFERES WITH THE SONOS VOLUME. I just want to use my remote but when I do the sonos volume stops and the tv volume takes over which is crap. By the way: no where does it say I had to restart my phone each time I turn a command on/off from the Sonos settings. Gosh I turned up the volume on my cell and suddenly Sonos volume also went up too. I just want to know if I can make my remote turn up the volume FOR SONOS volume to work. Right now the remotes volume is down to 0 so that the Sonos Beam volume can work. Again a yes or no, is it impossible to make my remotes work the Sonos volume? Thank you in advance
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 29 March 2019, 19:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

There's an FAQ around setting up a remote:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3402
Wow that was a great response. Actually both remotes are capable of changing the volume now. THANK YOU!!!!!
You're most welcome.

For those others who wander in to read this thread, the important aspect is that both remotes have to be using the same IR codes. So one of them usually has to be programmed to match the other.

Sonos can only deal with one set of IR codes.