Answered

volume adjustment slow

• 21 October 2017
  • 39 replies

Just Got A playbar to my 2017 lg oled and using my magic Remote the volume adjustment feels kind A slow..
Can i speed the adjustment up somehow?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 23 April 2018, 06:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

39 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Latest firmware to the Lg OLEDS made my tv (B6V) and soundbar less responsive also..
This is one of those "I thought it was just me" topics. I've been a loyal Sonos fan since the first speaker came out, and adding the Playbase was the hoped-for pinnacle of my system. But the volume controls—using the LG OLED 65C7 magic remote—completely dampens the enjoyment, making for more annoyance than pleasure. I timed it: an average of 7 seconds to reduce the sound from loud actions scenes to a level sufficient to hear conversation.

Of course, using the Sonos app on iOS works perfectly, so I expect this is an LG issue (and I'm leaving a comparable comment there). But no one wants yet another remote.

Nonetheless, this should serve as a caution for those thinking of using both together, an awful pairing of two otherwise fantastic devices. I expect this also applies to the Playbar/LG combo, for what it's worth.
Userlevel 1
Same issue here, with Tivo Premier remote .... have to click volume button 4-8 times to change volume.
Does anybody know if getting how Sonos works with Logitech Harmony Elite remotes?
I've got two logitechs (both puck based, but the remotes are different), and it works perfectly.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
The volume control is a major problem. It's just way too slow and I had take the drastic decision to remove my Playbar and stick with the internal LG speakers. It may be to do with the frequency of IR commands from the LG magic remote but it should still work faster. I've tried a few different manufacturers when setting up TV control on the Sonos side but doesn't make a difference. Not sure how we're going to get a solution to this one.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, fkmorgan. Thanks for posting and reaching out about this. Are you still having problems with this PLAYBAR and the magic remote? What kind of delay in volume control are you experiencing? Can you tell us a little more about your Home Theatre system? Is your TV connected to the PLAYBARdirectly via optical cable?

Thanks!
Just wanna throw in that I'm using a Logitech Harmony Home Hub connected via WiFi (not IR) and I'm experiencing the same slowness. It might be noteworthy that it's not just controlling the volume of the Room (Playbar + 2x Play:3s) but the entire group.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I think it sounds like your WiFi network is slow. I like to use sonosnet when comes to playbar system and get traffic into sonosnet and off of home WiFi.
Hello there, fkmorgan. Thanks for posting and reaching out about this. Are you still having problems with this PLAYBAR and the magic remote? What kind of delay in volume control are you experiencing? Can you tell us a little more about your Home Theatre system? Is your TV connected to the PLAYBARdirectly via optical cable?

Thanks!

Same problem here.
I am using an LG television (OLED55B7) with a Magic Remote and the Playbar in surround setup (5.1).

The delay I am expriencing is that when you want to change the volume, it takes a very long time (the remote seems to pulse volume up/down 1 time per 0,5sec). Short pressing or press-and-hold won't make a difference.

And also this way I cannot pair my Apple TV remote to control the Sonos volume, because it doesn't register the volume presses.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, Sean1989. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Mind starting us off with submitting a diagnostic report and reply with the seven-digit confirmation number it gives at the end? We are currently tracking a sync problem with LG OLED TV's and PLAYBAR, and a diagnostic will help me to determine what is going on.

Thanks!
Hey there, Sean1989. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Mind starting us off with submitting a diagnostic report and reply with the seven-digit confirmation number it gives at the end? We are currently tracking a sync problem with LG OLED TV's and PLAYBAR, and a diagnostic will help me to determine what is going on.

Thanks!

Here u go! 8497227 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Thanks, Sean1989. Based on my findings on the report, I'd recommend giving our support technicians a call to gather some information and try a few things with you in real time. We may need to take that information along to our senior technicians to get more eyes on this. Thanks again for your patience.
It has been two months since the last post on this problem. I just encountered it with my LG OLED 55 TV, Sonos Playbar, and Logitech Harmony remote. It used to work well. Now it takes forever to raise or lower volume. Are there any updates?
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Unfortunately can't offer any ideas here, but can at least help to keep the topic active. I just started noticing this same problem with similar (maybe exact same) setup as the prior poster. I have the Harmony remote (Harmony Companion with the hub) set up to control the Playbar directly (i.e. presumably the same way the app does) rather than via the Playbar's IR receiver. Wondering if using the other approach could somehow be helpful, but otherwise have no clue how to fix it. If I keep the Sonos app open and look at the volume slider while pressing volume buttons on the remote, it appears that only about 1 in 3 presses even registers, though sometimes it'll be two in a row or 1 in 2 or 1 in 4. I see this topic goes back a ways, but am certain that this didn't start happening for me until the last week or so.
Badge
Stumbled on this thread...good to see I'm not alone although it's bad we're all experiencing this!

Volume adjustment latency is significant...similar to User385289 last post. Issue also observed about a week or so ago. Setup includes an LG OLED E65, Sonos 5.1 (Playbar, Sub, 2x Play Ones) and Harmony Elite (w/ hub). The user experience is terrible. Hopefully there's a fix soon!
Userlevel 2
I'm also experiencing this issue. LG C65, Sonos 5.1 (Playbar, Sub, 2x Play1's) and Harmony Elite. The volume used to work great but now it's barely adjusting the volume amount.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello everyone! Thanks for posting about this. We have seen an uptick of users with this problem regarding Harmony remotes and Sonos. Harmony is currently investigating the cause and solution. I will keep an eye on this topic in the meantime and follow up when Logitech gives an update.

Thanks again for your patience.
Thanks for the update, Keith. I thought the issues I was experiencing had more to do with the fact that I've moved, and reset up my two systems (and I'm still missing a remote, using the Harmony app on iOS to control one harmony puck).
Badge
Hello everyone! Thanks for posting about this. We have seen an uptick of users with this problem regarding Harmony remotes and Sonos. Harmony is currently investigating the cause and solution. I will keep an eye on this topic in the meantime and follow up when Logitech gives an update.

Thanks again for your patience.

+1 here

I have to work the volume buttons for minutes to adjust, this wasn't the case until recently.
Badge
Hi all - here's a workaround tip for users entrenched in Apple's ecosystem. Launch the Sonos app on your iPhone, select "Rooms" and then select the room where TV volume is controlled i.e. Playbar. Then use the player volume control on your Apple watch. Works well! ?
Just chiming in here -- brand new Playbar with Harmony Elite -- Sony XBR-65X930E - exact same problem with the Playbar being slow to respond to volume commands from the Harmony -- Mute function works almost immediately.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Harmony elite and playbar here - same issues as everyone else.
I'm having the exact same issue. I don't think the brand of TV, the model of TV, or any other Of your entertainment devices have any bearing on this. From what I can see, the latest firmware update to the Harmony Hub caused issues with the remote controlling the Sonos PlayBar volume over Wi-Fi. It's hard to believe something like this gets out of their test lab and goes live with something as important as volume being unusable.
The same here. I have an Samsung TV, TV Box from my TV vendor with Logitech Harmony remote and sonos soundbar, SUB and two Sonos:1. Sounds comming from the TV BOX to Sonos over SPDIF. Everything worked fine untill sonos last software update that came 2 weeks ago.
+1 Same issue for me.