Answered

Volume Adjustment - continuous, smooth vs. stepped, multiple button presses

Badge
Greetings - just setup my new Playbase last night and all is well except for one issue. The volume adjustment from my remote requires me to push the up or down button on my remote for every change of level instead of allowing the button to be held down for continuous, flowing changes. I use a Logitech Harmony 900 (in IR mode for the Playbar). Does anybody know if there's a setting for this or is this normal behavior? It's annoying since there's no visual indication of level. Thanks!
icon

Best answer by Keith N 20 April 2018, 23:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

That may be a function of your remote, not the Sonos itself. I use harmony remotes, and both of my Playbars respond appropriately to a held down volume change button.
Badge
I think you may have been correct. After multiple updates to the remote while I was tweaking activity settings, the volume issue resolved. It's now stepless and smooth. There's no setting in the Harmony control sw for this so I have no idea but I'm happy again. Thanks.
For doing nothing? You're most welcome ;)

Glad it resolved itself. Enjoy!
Got this issue myself and its really annoying, cant find any setting to adjust this............Heeeeeeelp
Badge
Timely - I was going to post here today - my original issue is back too. Must have been an update that caused the issue to return. I can't get the smooth volume back no matter what I try - redoing my Harmony, or Sonos remote prefs. So very annoying. If anybody has any ideas to try, plese let us know.
Yes please.........anybody 😞
I know its deffo not an issue with sonos as my sky Q remote works smoothly with volume
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello everyone! Thanks for posting about this. We have seen an uptick of users with this problem regarding Harmony remotes and Sonos. Harmony is currently investigating the cause and solution. I will keep an eye on this topic in the meantime and follow up when Logitech gives an update.

Thanks again for your patience.
Badge
Keith - this is great news, thank you. Some movement by Logitech! Any chance you can update the (at least) 2 other threads regarding this same issue, or perhaps combine them...?

https://en.community.sonos.com/home-theater-228993/harmony-ultimate-remote-stopped-controlling-volume-on-my-soundbar-6769286

https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/remote-control-volume-up-down-issues-on-playbase-6790713
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, schwaggy. The first one should be marked as answered with my update. The second topic doesn't have to do with Harmony as the posts before yours are about AppleTV/TiVo, so no need to update. Thanks!