Answered

Voice control for surround configuration using One's and Arc SL

• 1 December 2022
  • 5 replies

I am putting together a 5.1 surround system using Arc SL, Sonos One’s, and subwoofer.  Since the One’s have microphones but the Arc SL does not, I understand that I can still use voice control--via Sonos voice, Alexa, or others.  Is this correct?  In other words, do I not need the Arc?  I am not sure how to set this up.

Also, how do I configure separate Sonos configurations?  I want one for home theater (the 5.1 config mentioned above, and 4 other One’s for music throughout the house.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 1 December 2022, 02:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Yes, one of the Sonos Ones that is being used as surrounds with the Arc SL can be used to control Sonos with a voice assistant. You do not need a microphone on the Arc with this setup.

If you want other Ones throughout the house, you simply set them up as different rooms in the Sonos app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Since only one speaker needs a microphone a One and a One SL for surrounds would be sufficient - and cheaper.

Thanks!  How to I adjust the the volume  for the Sub and rear speakers? When I click on each product it only presents Disable Wi-Fi and Enable Wi-Fi

Userlevel 7

Thanks!  How to I adjust the the volume  for the Sub and rear speakers? When I click on each product it only presents Disable Wi-Fi and Enable Wi-Fi

When the Sub and surround speakers are bonded to the Arc, there is only one volume control for the entire setup. If you want to adjust the audio levels of the Sub and surrounds, go to the Sub Audio and Surround Audio settings.

Awesome,  thank you