Variable volume level during playback - Mysterious Ghost Volume Control

• 27 October 2017
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
Help, there is a ghost in my Sonos system adjusting the volume randomly up and down during playback? I cannot figure out what the source might be. At random times during playback the volume goes way down, then seems to come back to normal. It does not go UP beyond previous listening level. I cannot quite tell if volume change is in sync throughout linked zones, but the problem is occurring in multiple zones. I have tried different music services streaming an local library. I am unable to isolate the cause and frustrated with the experience due to intermittent nature.

Recent updates/additions include iPhone app update, Sonos update 8.1, and an unsatisfying attempt to use Alexa. I've been trying to eliminate variables. Removed Alexa skill, uninstalled iPhone app, turned off iPad with controller app, and have reverted to using desktop application to control music.

Is this ghost in the volume control some sort of Halloween prank 😉? I am looking for any suggestions on how to remedy the problem.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.