Answered

Using speakers from other brands as surround sound to a Sonos Beam

• 24 October 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge
Hi,

I have a Sonos Beam connected to my TV, since I already have two Bang Olufsen BeoPlay S3 that I think have good enough sound I would like to use them as the surround speakers. My S3 speakers can be connected with cable to each others to create stereo sound. Would it be possible to connect them to a Sonos product and then get them to work as the surround speakers?
icon

Best answer by Smilja 24 October 2018, 21:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Hi,

I have a Sonos Beam connected to my TV, since I already have two Bang Olufsen BeoPlay S3 that I think have good enough sound I would like to use them as the surround speakers. My S3 speakers can be connected with cable to each others to create stereo sound. Would it be possible to connect them to a Sonos product and then get them to work as the surround speakers?

No. Products from different manufacturers are incompatible.
Badge

No. Products from different manufacturers are incompatible.

Alright, so not even if I have a Connect or Connect:Amp that wouldn't be possible?
Only way to incorporate them are to have them as a set of multiroom speakers, but not as surround speakers if I understood you right?.
Alright, so not even if I have a Connect or Connect:Amp that wouldn't be possible?
The BeoPlay S3 are active speakers, right? Correct, not even with a (in this case) Connect. Connect/Connect.AMP aren't designed to act as substitute for Beam/Playbase/Playbar.

Only way to incorporate them are to have them as a set of multiroom speakers, but not as surround speakers if I understood you right?.
Yes, via Connect. Erm... the S3 have got only AUX.