Answered

Using Fury to connect ARC to projector doesn't allow sound when using mirroring from MacBook Pro

• 4 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

I have a Marantz 1080P projector with HDMI connections.  In order to use the ARC speaker which I bought to provide the sound for my projector, I had to buy a Fury HD Arcana that allows the Marantz HDMI cable to connect to the Fury HDMI-output and then the HDMI cable from the ARC goes to the E-arc output of the Fury. Then if I plug in my Apple TV HDMI cable directly into the Fury HDMI input, I can see the screen. However, when I try to use airplay in Apple TV to mirror my computer onto the projector screen, I have a picture but no sound. How can I get the sound to play from my computer on Sonos. I do have a Sonos connect that I am not using and I am wondering if that could be used in some way to bridge the sound from the computer to the Sonos app. 

Also, when I try to connect an HDMI cable from the Fury-input to the 5 port HDR switcher output and then connect the  Apple TV’s HDMI cable to the HDR switcher it doesn’t see the Apple TV. 

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 4 October 2021, 20:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Regarding airplay, I could be way off on this, but is your Mac actually sending audio with the video to your Apple TV?  Can you select an airplay compatible speaker to airplay audio to?

Regarding the switcher, I would connect Apple TV to the switcher, and the switcher output directly to the projector as a test, taking Arcana out of the chain for a moment.  Do you get a picture?  If not, then the issue is your switch.  If so, then I would probably try and contact HD Fury for support.  It could be that you need a firmware upgrade or something of that nature.

Badge

The projector screen only works with AppleTV when it is plugged into Fury

Badge

The Sonos speakers are supposed to be Airplay compatible speakers. Are you suggesting I group Sonos 1 speakers apart from the ARC so I am not using the ARC to play with the computer?

I will try your suggestion vis-a-vis the switch, thank you. I will get back to you. 

The Sonos speakers are supposed to be Airplay compatible speakers. Are you suggesting I group Sonos 1 speakers apart from the ARC so I am not using the ARC to play with the computer?

No, I was thinking you could airplay directly to the Arc, bypassing audio being sent through your Apple TV/Switch/Arcana.  I don’t know anything about your Sonos One speakers.

I am not an Apple or airplay user, so this more of a guess than anything else.  It would not surprise me if this is possible though, since it’s the only way Apple could use it’s own speaker to play TV audio.

I will try your suggestion vis-a-vis the switch, thank you. I will get back to you.