Answered

unable to connect Sonos Play 1 to nextwork.

• 24 July 2019
  • 2 replies

I got a new Sonos and unable to connect to network via Wi-Finor Ethernet cable
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 25 July 2019, 01:23

We're going to need more information in order to even start the process of assisting you.

Do you have a Sonos system already, and you're just adding a new PLAY:1 to it?

If so, how is your current Sonos connected? Do you have a single device wired, multiple devices wired, or do they all hang off of your wifi?

What kind of router do you have? What band are you running your wifi on, 5Ghz, or 2.4Ghz?

What device are you running the controller on. Which OS is running on that device? Which version of the controller are you running?

Are you receiving a specific error when you attempt to connect the PLAY:1, or where in the process is it failing?
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

We're going to need more information in order to even start the process of assisting you.

Do you have a Sonos system already, and you're just adding a new PLAY:1 to it?

If so, how is your current Sonos connected? Do you have a single device wired, multiple devices wired, or do they all hang off of your wifi?

What kind of router do you have? What band are you running your wifi on, 5Ghz, or 2.4Ghz?

What device are you running the controller on. Which OS is running on that device? Which version of the controller are you running?

Are you receiving a specific error when you attempt to connect the PLAY:1, or where in the process is it failing?
I unplugged it, went out, tried again upon my return and it worked just fine. Thanks!