Question

TV won’t connect after downloading new app.

• 1 August 2020
  • 3 replies

I had a message to download the new Sonos app which I did and now my TV isn't connected. I tried to set it up again on the app but keeps saying it can’t connect. 
Any ideas? 

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @EKS200, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up and we understand where you're coming. Regarding your concern about your Sonos speaker not connected to the Sonos App, I’d like to ask some things to further assist. 

• What Sonos product do you have that is connected to the TV?
  • Are you using the Sonos S2 App now?
  • If you still have the Sonos S1 App, Is it letting you get into the App or it’s asking you to open the S2 App?
  • When you said you are trying to set up the Sonos speaker again, does this mean that you did a factory reset on that Speaker?
  • What is the colour of the light on the Sonos speaker?

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi it’s a Beam we are using. I can’t open the S1 app as it just tells me to open the S2.

j can still play music through the speaker, eg from my phone.

i didn’t do a factory reset and when downloading the S2 it says all your setting a etc are saved.

there was no sound from the tv and when I checked the app it said it wasn’t connected to the tv. I have tried the ‘set up tv’ like you do when it was new. The message says it’s can’t get a signal even though it’s plugged in. 

i have turned it all off then on, unplugged and plugged back in. Still says no signal.

the light on the beam is white, or flashing orange when you push the button on the back. 

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @EKS200, thanks for the update. I appreciate you taking the time to do some basic troubleshooting to resolve the issue. Regarding this issue, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue. 

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.