Answered

TV setup help

• 14 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi,

So I'm sure this has been tossed around before but couldn't quite find the clarity I wanted.

I have 2x Sonos Five's, I would like to buy a Sonos sound bar also and just wondering would it work out fine to have the soundbar below the TV with the fives on either side of the TV so that all speakers are in front of me. The soundbar would most likely be connected via hdmi with the fives connected to it wirelessly. Would this setup work without any drastic audio delays or other issues? What might be an alternative if so?

Any clarity is appreciated!

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 14 November 2022, 11:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Okay, thank you both for the responses, I'll think about my options a bit with the space I have!

Ok so I assume they can't be used as additional left/right speakers in addition to the soundbar, just for surround.

Correct, but they are not needed,

Personal opinion: if you are really into using  the system for movies, get One SL speakers for the surrounds and put them as suggested by @UKMedia .  Consider also a Sub or Sub Mini.

If music is your priority, instead of the above, consider placing your Fives either side of the TV but keeping them for music only.

Best thing would be to get the Soundbar and One SLs direct from Sonos and then you can play with the various combinations and return the One SLs if you don’t think they are needed.

Ok so I assume they can't be used as additional left/right speakers in addition to the soundbar, just for surround.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

The surrounds need to be at the rear and side of the seating position.  The Soundbar contains Front Left, Centre and Front Right speakers/channels.