Question

TV remote only increasing volume. Cannot even disconnect it!!

• 25 February 2017
  • 0 replies

My youview TV remote is now connected to and controls my sonos playbar. Unfortunately every single button on the remote turns the volume up, including the volume down button.
I've reset the remote controller like 10 times (yes, I'm following the instructions correctly, I'm not pressing the volume up button repeatedly whilst calibrating!!)... I've tried it with the tv and the youview box on aswell as off, and it continues to only turn the volume up.

First question is there a known fix for this... i have not found one on the forums so far!

As there's no solution to the above, I would obviously like to disconnect the remote from the playbar as currently the remote is practically unusable due to it causing very high volumes on the sonos bar!!!
Unfortunately I've found no way of doing this (forums from a year ago say the only way back then was using another remote - which i dont have!)
Anybody have any suggestions?! Either the first or second point?

Many thanks in advance

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.