TV remote for grouped devices issue

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

77 replies

Userlevel 2
Hi Ryan, It would be a welcome enhancement. However, I do this this is a bug rather than an enhancement. The reason for this is that you have a checkbox on the room settings that ungroups the play bar if the TV is switched on. The inverse of this, should be that control of the volume from the output of the TV, controls the whole group in which the playbar belongs. As an end user, I really don't see a distinction between a bonded group and a non bonded group from a volume control perspective. Its current implementation just causes frustration, as you have to keep re-adjusting the balance of the group of speakers when someone adjust the volume using the TV buttons. This really goes against you philosophy of simplistic design and use. Regards Peter
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hello, When paired with a PLAYBAR, a TV remote is capable of adjusting the PLAYBAR's volume, as well as any units that are in a bonded group with the PLAYBAR. This would potentially include a SUB and rear surround PLAY:3 units. Since the CONNECT:AMP cannot be in a bonded group with the PLAYBAR (only a regular group), the TV remote will not be able to adjust its volume. However, if you'd like to see a feature like this from Sonos in the future, I can switch this over to an Idea thread so others can comment and +1 on your feedback too.