TV Audio Throughout My Home?

• 17 September 2017
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone!

I recently purchased a Playbar + Sub and I'd like to purchase some Play:1's and 3's to put them around the house and my patio, but only if they'll play the same audio from my TV as they would simultaneously with music. For example: if I'm hosting a football game I'd like for anyone to hear what's going on wherever the other speakers are placed.

Is that possible? Thanks for any help!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Well, yes and no. The PLAYBAR/PLAYBASE depends on 5Ghz for connecting to the surround speakers. However, the rest of the system works on 2.4GHz, so if you were to "group" the TV room with other speakers around the house, there would be a light delay (it's basically for buffering the data so it's synchronized across all other speakers) of around 70ms. It's not terrible, in fact I often group my kitchen with my Living room, and as long as I'm not standing in the small area where you can hear both of them, it really isn't any issue at all.

So yes, it can be done, but it's not 100% synchronous. Basically, everything other than the PLAYBAR would have that ~70ms delay.