TV audio cuts out when transmitting to other rooms

Badge
I've got a 2.1 set up in the living room with Beam connected via HDMI-ARC to a Sony Bravia W905 TV, and two Play:1s.

Audio from this setup plays fine in the living room. However, when I extend the audio to other rooms as well, the audio continues to play perfectly in the living room, but keeps dropping out in the other rooms.

For reference, all other streaming audio sources do not cut out in the other rooms. Only audio streamed from the TV.

Can anyone point me to a solution here, please?

5 replies

Badge
Diagnostics confirmation number is 1413314675 if anyone can look into this
I’m having the same issue. Any updates or idea how we fix this?
Badge
Same issue here, two play 1s and a sub and play bar (2.1)
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Mine is the same.
Userlevel 6
Badge +18
Hi, all.

There are a number of factors that come into play when streaming any audio source across your home. In this instance, the crucial factor is that you are attempting to stream an uncompressed signal (from the television) to your other devices.

A plethora of environmental aspects can have a detrimental impact, including but not limited to: neighbouring networks, other WiFi activity in the household and electromagnetic interference. The levels at which these are present usually do not present any issues to other audio sources. That is to say, interference that would not harm a Spotify stream will often affect television audio. This is due to the sheer amount of information being sent. Bottom line: the desired functionality is not guaranteed to work and it will invariably buffer.

There is the possibility of a diagnostics analysis to try and mitigate this negative behaviour, though as stated, it will almost always be present to some extent.

Thank you for the attached diagnostic report, babydinosaur. In this report, it was evident that your system is segregated across multiple access points. Where a mesh network is being utilised, it is of benefit to place them all on the same WiFi channel. This may reduce the negative behaviour in your usage case. If it does not, it may be of further benefit to wire a Sonos device into the main AP on your network, in order to make use of the proprietary Sonos mesh network.

Please bear in mind that even on an otherwise immaculate diagnostic report, streaming uncompressed television audio is not guaranteed to work.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings