Question

TV 5.1 (Stereo option availability)

• 31 January 2017
  • 2 replies

Hi guys,
I'm researching and considering investing in a playbar, sub and a couple of play speakers for my bedroom! I just want to confirm if they have made the stereo option available when playing sound from your TV whilst grouping all speakers together, i know it can defeat the purpose for a sound bar but i would love to have the option to play the sound through the play speakers closer to my head late at night to avoid awaking others around me?
I checked out some threads of alot of people requesting the option but no result of whether it has come to fruition just yet!
Cheers
Joe

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
No. This is not possible. Frankly, unless you watch a lot of TV in bed I really can't see why would need a Playbar, SUB and Play 1s in a bedroom (unless you are somewhat confined there)
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hi joeabbz, you can definitely group in your other Sonos players with the PLAYBAR and hear TV audio through them. You can also bond a pair of PLAY:1, PLAY:3, or PLAY:5 gen2 as wireless surround speakers to make a 5.1 system. I would try out the PLAYBAR and SUB on their own, I think you'll be surprised how easy they are to hear at low volumes, especially with Night Mode and Voice Enhancer turned on. But, nothing is stopping you from listening how you want.