Question

Trueplay with Playbar?

• 14 January 2017
  • 13 replies

Badge
I received an email from Sonos informing me that Trueplay was now available for Playbar if I had version 7 of the software which I do (I have 7.0.1 on all my iOS devices). When I went to check the apps Trueplay wasn't there for the Playbar. I checked online updates in the app and it says "up to date". Just wondering if there was another update coming or, was Trueplay pulled from availability?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Apple devices running iOS8 or higher are required to perform Trueplay tuning. This includes:

iPhone 4s or later
iPad Mini 1,2,3,4
iPad Air 1 and 2
iPad 2,3,4
iPod touch (5th generation or later)

The version you refer to is that of the Sonos firmware version.

Here's the juicy details : https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3406
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Yep works for me on iPhone on iOS 10. I was shocked how much better it made the whole system sound
Badge
Yes. Running iOS 10.2 on all.
I received an email from Sonos informing me that Trueplay was now available for Playbar if I had version 7 of the software which I do (I have 7.0.1 on all my iOS devices). When I went to check the apps Trueplay wasn't there for the Playbar. I checked online updates in the app and it says "up to date". Just wondering if there was another update coming or, was Trueplay pulled from availability?

Version 7 of Sonos' software, not iOS. If you're on version 7 of iOS, you're way out of date.
Badge
Version 10.2 of iOS and 7.0.1 firmware on Sonos. Am I missing something?
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
gmgaudreau
I think you just missed a typo in your original message
(I have 7.0.1 on all my iOS devices).:$
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Make sure all the Sonos players as well are up to date. Check in "About my Sonos"
Badge
I was referring to the latest firmware update. Apologies for not being clearer.
Badge
Thanks Stuart_W, I did, it says "your Sonos system is up to date".
I've had no problems using a very old I-pad to tune my play 1's, sub & play bar to true sound & the sound stage does give a superior effect. .
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Well if your iOS device has updated to the latest version and it looks like it has AND all of your Sonos units have updated (check ALL of them in About my Sonos) then our should be able to Trueplay tune the Playbar. Go to Room settings in your iPhone or iPad and select "Room settings" the. Choose the room with the Playbar and the option should be there.
Badge
Well, I've triple checked all the settings, re and re'd the apps on all devices and re-booted everything. Still no option for Trueplay on the Playbar. Maybe have to wait for the next version of the software and firmware I guess.
Badge
This issue resolved itself. I ran out of time yesterday so I didn't have time to keep working on this. I figured I'd have another look tonight and it was there. Problem solved.