Answered

Trueplay settings lost on Playbar

• 3 April 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2

Hi Everyone,

Since the latest update on my playbar (running version 2) i face the following issue. I have run the trueplay settings and i can hear a more ‘surround sound’ coming from my playbar. But after a while this effect is gone and the player sounds like trueplay is disbled. However, when i check at the settings trueplay is still enabled. But i can hear from the sound that trueplay is in no way working or not working as it should. There’s more bass coming from my playbar and that’s not the case when trueplay is operating. No matter what i do, disable trueplay, enable it, retune (there’s holes in my room from me walking true my room) the trueplay works for a little while and all of sudden stops working. Anyone have any idea’s what to do? Im using an iphone with v2 app installed wich i also removed and reinstalled to no avail.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 3 April 2021, 17:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Hi Everyone,

Since the latest update on my playbar (running version 2) i face the following issue. I have run the trueplay settings and i can hear a more ‘surround sound’ coming from my playbar. But after a while this effect is gone and the player sounds like trueplay is disbled. However, when i check at the settings trueplay is still enabled. But i can hear from the sound that trueplay is in no way working or not working as it should. There’s more bass coming from my playbar and that’s not the case when trueplay is operating. No matter what i do, disable trueplay, enable it, retune (there’s holes in my room from me walking true my room) the trueplay works for a little while and all of sudden stops working. Anyone have any idea’s what to do? Im using an iphone with v2 app installed wich i also removed and reinstalled to no avail.

You may not get sound all the time from the rear surround channels, it depends on what you are listening to and the codec in use.. perhaps try this...

Trueplay tune the Playbar room.

Select and play a carefully chosen Dolby Digital 5.1 movie from Netflix, such as "6 Underground” - just as an example. listen to it for say the first 10 minutes of the movie and then return to it again some hours later and replay the same first 10 minutes again at the same volume and see if it has drastically altered in some way. You should on every occasion hear the same audio output.

I would use that as a basic test and return to the same section of the chosen movie and replay it at the same volume. If you then ever encounter a problem and the chosen Movie audio greatly differs, then submit a diagnostic report and perhaps contact Sonos Support.

Dont judge the audio by playing different Shows/Movies as they can (and do) vary, by codec in use etc. Stick to the same movie sequence to repeatedly test the audio output.