Question

TruePlay previously configured but now won’t run again due to background noise

I am getting the noise during tuning error multiple times. I have followed the directions correctly, turned everything that makes noise off, moved speakers slightly. It comes up at the end of the first test while sitting on the couch. Sonos beam 10 for in front of me, 3 ft off ground. 2 play ones on corners of couch about 3 ft away from center. Shoulder height. 

normal apt living room. Tv. Table. Rug. 

please help. Thank you. 

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@jrg1017 Sorry for the slow reply and welcome to the Sonos Community. Please provide us with more information as to which room name you are trying to Trueplay tune in the Sonos app. We can see from the diagnostic report history that your Beam is currently showing tuned. You have also disabled the wifi of your Beam and have two Play:1 product(s) missing from your most recently sent report number along with your other Sonos products connected to the router’s wifi.

First, we will need your full network topology with the model names and numbers of the products that are wired or wirelessly connected on your network for any modem, router(s), extenders, access points or switches (managed or unmanaged). After you have gathered that information then please enable the wifi for your Beam. Next, please power re-boot off your wifi equipment for 30 seconds with no lights on it, meaning no battery backup, then power it back up. While this equipment is powering back on then power re-boot off your Sonos units for the same time with no lights and plug them back in to power, no button pressing is needed. You can keep the Beam Ethernet wired. While we are powering on then re-boot the iOS device that you are running the Sonos app on for doing the Trueplay. When you are reconnected to your Sonos system please look on the rooms tab and confirm you see all of your room names there. Next, re-try the Trueplay setup in the rooms not already configured for Trueplay. You can then follow up here with the requested information, testing step results along with an updated diagnostic report number.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Just rebooting the phone used for TruePlay measurement does the trick for me every time.