Question

Trueplay and Playbar

• 29 April 2020
  • 3 replies

Hello I have a Playbar and two One SL as rear speakers in my living room and without trueplay the Playbar sounds boomier with more “bass“ (I tested the Sub and it was just „too good“ for my shared apartment so the Playbar has to do the job.It lays on a big wooden shelf)
But the Playbar sounds very fronted with tp on and the overall soundstage is better with trueplay.
But it’s lacking the „fake boomy bass“.
My question;Does it has to do something with the way I’m measuring trueplay? I‘ve done it several times over the last couple of months and sometimes the result is „boomier“
I‘m holding my iPhone near the bottom and going up to a bit over my head and going around ALL in the room.
Or would you recommend me to stay at my watching position only?Or holding my phone only at ear position? 

Thx in advance.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I would follow the recommend process for setting up trueplay.  Once done though, you can go in to the EQ and adjust the bass to your personal liking.

Settings → system → <room name> → EQ

I would follow the recommend process for setting up trueplay.  Once done though, you can go in to the EQ and adjust the bass to your personal liking.

Settings → system → <room name> → EQ

Thanks but It‘s always on 9/10 but the bass has been stronger in the past.Since then I had to run trueplay a lot and it has never been the same.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello @DustinEatWorld 

Welcome to the Sonos Community and thank you for reaching out us with your question. 

I’d actually like to see a diagnostic report from your Sonos system, it might help me determine of there is anything “off” that we can assist you with. 

Can you follow these steps: Settings > Help&Tips > Submit Diagnostic and include the confirmation number in your reply?