Answered

Surrounds Flash Green

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

33 replies

Badge

Thanks again John B. It is possible that i could connect the Arc to Ethernet but I will have to lift a couple of floorboards so was going to trry that this weekend. asfar as the Linksys Velop goes it’s a normal router that has a scond router linked to it to create the mesh system I am connecting wirelessly to the main router. This post seems to highlight a lot of the problems with Velop system: Working with Linksys Velop | Sonos Community

I added a further comment to my post as you were replying, so please note that.  Tell us a bit more about the mesh.  Does the Velop system have a device that acts as router, or do you still use an ISP router to which the mesh connects?

Badge

Thanks for your comment John B, I’ll give it a try when I get home.

You are sure there is nothing from the surrounds?  In the Arc settings, under surround sound, is music set to FULL or AMBIENT?  make sure it is set to FULL then play a music source, i.e. not TV.  Still nothing?

Is it practically possible - just as an experiment - to connect the Arc by Ethernet to the Router?

Badge

Thanks for your replies. The router is a Linksys Velop and I think that’s what the problem is! I’ve checked the controller and the surrounds are enabled. They are visible as +RS, +LS. Wifi is enabled on all 3 speakers. If anyone can assist with conecting when using Linksys Velop Mesh system I would appreciate it. Thanks again.

Ah, another point would be that you can’t have the “radio” or “Wifi” turned off on either the Arc, or the surrounds, as they use that to communicate. 

Have you checked the LED states FAQ?

How are they showing up in your controller? Generally, surrounds will show up as +RS and +LS in the settings>system area, for the room that they’re part of.

Userlevel 7

What model router are you using?

Also, make sure the surrounds aren’t being disabled in the Sonos app:

“This light appears on home theater surrounds that have been disabled using the Sonos app.

You can re-enable your home theater surrounds in the Sonos app for iOS or Android in the  Settings tab. Under System, choose your home theater product from the list, then tap Surround Audio and re-enable the Surrounds option.”