Question

Surround speakers

• 18 November 2016
  • 6 replies

There is no sound from my two Play1 used as surround, only Playbar works. Have a play1 in the kitchen as well and it works fine

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Many TV channels broadcast next to no content which can be directed to the surround speakers.

Do this to test your surround speakers:
- go to Room Settings -> (PLAYBAR room) -> Advanced Audio -> Surround Settings and change the music setting from Ambient to Full
- play some music
No sound at all, I´ve even tried to install them again but no sound. Only sound I get is from my Playbar and from an Play1 in the kitchen
Go to Settings -> About My Sonos System in your controller. Do the surrounds appear, as 'LS' and 'RS'?

What router do you have?
Yes they appear and they have been working perfect until today. I´ve got a Sonos bridge and I got a Apple router. Frustrating that they suddenly doesn't work. Was very easy to install them again but no sound
As soon as I install my Play1 as surround they stop working but work fine if I just install them in a room
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
As soon as I install my Play1 as surround they stop working but work fine if I just install them in a roomAs soon as I install my Play1 as surround they stop working but work fine if I just install them in a room

Hi Kevoli,

Please play someting on your TV that you know has surround audio, then submit a diagnostic report from your Sonos system. Reply with the confirmation number and I'll look at it for you.