Answered

Surround sound with TCL 50EP660

• 29 February 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I have a beam with two Play:1s in my living room.

Since one week I own a new TV, the TCL 50EP660.

I have recognized that sorround sound through the play:1s is not working (HDMI Connection via ARC). Sound only comes through the beam in the front.

I never had issues with my old Samsung. Everything worked fine.

Does anyone know, how to fix it? I am watching TV via a Sky Q Box which is connected via HDMI 2 (Beam is HDMI1).

Thanks for your help!

icon

Best answer by controlav 1 March 2020, 15:32

Check the audio output settings on the TCL (must be DD 5.1) and check what signal the Beam is getting (it is buried in the About page of the Sonos app).

It is quite possible the TCL is only allowing DD 2.0 from the Sky Q. You might have to use an EDID Manager to force it to allow DD 5.1.

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Check the audio output settings on the TCL (must be DD 5.1) and check what signal the Beam is getting (it is buried in the About page of the Sonos app).

It is quite possible the TCL is only allowing DD 2.0 from the Sky Q. You might have to use an EDID Manager to force it to allow DD 5.1.

Thanks for your help

Sonos App says that Audio-Input is Dolby Digital 5.1

But I really have no Idee, how to change the Audio Output of the TV. There is no such Option in the Settings.

The 2.0 Sound is not only, when I play content from the SkyQ-Receiver. Everything, even the YouTube-App or Netflix which is implemented directly in the TCL is only in 2.0 without the satellite speakers.