Surround Sound with Connect:Amp no longer working

• 5 October 2017
  • 44 replies

I currently have a SONOS Playbar hooked up to my tv and have two built in ceiling speakers that are connected to my SONOS Connect:Amp which is hardwired into my router. I recently noticed that the two ceiling speakers stop playing sounds or music when ever a movie was playing or I had music playing on the Playbar. I tried doing a retune and it always said speakers were missing. I just updated all speakers and app to try and fix the problem. Nothing worked, so I decided to factory reset my Connect:Amp and reset it up as it's own device. Once I did that, I could play music through the speakers so I knew they were still working. I then went to the website: http://######:1400/wiredsat.htm and replaced the # with my Playbars IP code to set up the surround sound. I then selected the Conncet:Amp to set up as my Left and Right surround sound speakers and set their distance away from the tv. Hit complete and was notified that I was all set up. I then went back to the app and retuned the speakers for the new surround sound, and was notifed that "speakers where missing" yet again. I've redone this 3 times with the same result. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

44 replies

Hi, I’m having a similar issue. Playbar connected to LAN, Bridge connected to LAN, Connect Amp (surrounds) connected to LAN. Lost the pairing between the connect amp and the playbar. Unable to reconnect. System info shows that I’m in boost mode but no sound from surrounds and get “speaker missing” message when attempting to calibrate room. Diagnostics number is 1285031318. Thanks in advance for the help.

Tried rebooting Bridge but that didn’t work. Thanks so much for the advice, though. How long does it usually take for Sonos to respond to a Diagnosis submission?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Try unplugging the Bridge and give the system a few minutes to stabilize and try using it again, the Bridge power supply goes iffy causing many odd problems so taking it out of the picture often helps.

A replacement power supply is cheap either locally or off Amazon if one is needed.

Long weekend for the Sonos folks so response here may be slow.
Hi, I’m having a similar issue. Playbar connected to LAN, Bridge connected to LAN, Connect Amp (surrounds) connected to LAN. Lost the pairing between the connect amp and the playbar. Unable to reconnect. System info shows that I’m in boost mode but no sound from surrounds and get “speaker missing” message when attempting to calibrate room. Diagnostics number is 1285031318. Thanks in advance for the help.
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll put that on the list of things to try when I get back there and will respond back here when I've sorted it. Enabling wifi is quick too.
I've run into this today. Also looking for a solution. Playbar and connect:amp for rears, no sub. Using the boost and disabled wifi on bar, amp..
Then you should as a first enable WiFi again.
I removed the rears from my system through the web app, played music through them while separated, added them back to my Playbar and got the same result. I attached what I see where I cannot remove the RS and LS from the system like I can the Sub. I had no issue adding the rears back to my system. Thoughts?

I've run into this today. Also looking for a solution. Playbar and connect:amp for rears, no sub. Using the boost and disabled wifi on bar, amp..
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Your having some signal trouble. Is there a way you can plug one Sonos speaker into your router?
I removed the rears from my system through the web app, played music through them while separated, added them back to my Playbar and got the same result. I attached what I see where I cannot remove the RS and LS from the system like I can the Sub. I had no issue adding the rears back to my system. Thoughts?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Sounds to me like they aren’t even attached to your system. What happens if you try to add them as new zone.
I do not have that option available.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Go to settings...room settings....choose playbar room.... remove surrounds from here
I do not have an option to remove the rears from my room settings. How else can I do this?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
What happens if you remove it from being surrounds and olay to it as a normal zone.
Yes that is correct, not sure I have ever had anything come from the amp once it was set up as rears. Ideas?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I assume you have tried rebooting the connect:amp and router.
Surrounds have been on full, I didn’t have to change that and no sound. Diagnostic while playing is 1385415222
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
If you go into sonos app. settings... room settings for playbar...advanced audio. Set mode to Full (not ambient) for surrounds. When play sonos music do you get full stereo sound out of the ceiling speakers?
New diagnostic 1111073516
Yes i was watching Directv Now that is only stereo. i will run the diagnostic with another app that runs dts
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hey same issue of no rears when in connected mode. Ran the diagnostic under 312106430. I have a Apple time capsule router and trendnet gigabit switches. Help!

Hi elsn0008,

Your PLAYBAR is showing a stereo signal coming from the optical cable. Can you check your TV's audio output settings to make sure it's sending out a surround signal?
Well, then, I suspect that diagnostic will need to be looked at. It was only a potential that needed to be addressed, since you indicated 2 separate devices.
Play bar and amp connected to the same router
Are both your PLAYBAR / PLAYBASE and the CONNECT:AMP wired to the same router?
Hey same issue of no rears when in connected mode. Ran the diagnostic under 312106430. I have a Apple time capsule router and trendnet gigabit switches. Help!
Hi, this seems to be an old thread, but I have the same issue. I have a Playbar, SUB and 2 ceiling speakers connected to a Connect:AMP. They are connected over WiFi, and share the IPs 192.168.86.*, from the DHCP served by Google WiFi routers. I've performed the "wiredsat" step and they all show up correctly in the Room Setting, +SUB +LS +RS. If I decouple the surrounds, music plays normally, but when working in surround mode, I don't seem to get anything. My diagnose # is 1958721631. Can you please provide some guidance?