Question

Surround sound problems

• 21 May 2017
  • 2 replies

Hello, I have set up my play bar with 2 play 1s for surround sound. The play bar is connected to a Sony TV via a digital optic connection.

The TV has android and when I play music via Spotify I get sound from the play bar and the play 1s.

When I am just watching TV, I only get sound from the play bar. Any ideas of what I am doing wrong?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Probably nothing wrong. You can alter the relative volumes of Playbar and surrounds, but if you are just watching OTA TV broadcasts they probably aren't in surround sound format so there is nothing being sent to the surround speakers. You need to play a 5.1 source such as a DVD.

It is also possible that you need to adjust your TV audio settings to output DD5.1 over optical..
Hello 67alan, welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Following up on John B's suggestions, if you'd like to submit a diagnostic, we'd be happy to look at your system configuration. Here's how. Please post the 7 digit confirmation code that's generated.