Question

Surround Sound and Foxtel Now

• 26 June 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge
Hi Sonos

I'm having inconsistent luck with getting Foxtel now to work well with my surround system I have recently installed. I have a Sony smart tv with a sonos playbase and two play ones at the rear. the sonos is setup as a surround sound system. The sonos plays awesome on mp3s, fine on general tv, but i'm having inconsistent luck with getting Foxtel now to work well with this setup.

I've just tried a movie and sound would only come out of the playbase and nothing on the smaller speakers.
I've tried music channels and sometimes I get all speakers working and some songs it doesnt.

This a new Sonos setup and I'm new to Foxtel. So I'm wondering if I have everything setup as best I can.

Or do I just have to realise that Sonos and Foxtel dent work well together?

Im stumped. Do you have any ideas for me?

Cheers, Anthony

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Badge
Tasty, I think you will find that with the Foxtel Play app on the Sony tv won't be in HD. Try chromecasting from your mobile to the TV, you will get HD this way. You can download Foxtel Now from the app stores, just use the same login deets you use for Foxtel Play.
Badge
Hey @tasty Are you using the Foxtel Now app on the TV? Have you tried chromecasting it from a mobile/tablet to the Sony TV and get the same result? Just to note, not all programming will have 5.1 sound, it is 'where available'.