Answered

Surround sound

• 12 November 2022
  • 2 replies

I currently use two Ones and a playbar as my home tv speaker system, could I add a third One to enhance the sound?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 12 November 2022, 19:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Thank you for your response, it was very helpful

No, at least not as part of your home theater setup. Any additional One that you added to your system would need to be set up a a new ‘room’, and not part of the home theater ‘room’. Which means that it would be subject to the delay of around 75 ms when it is grouped and playing the input from the YV. When playing music streams, both rooms would be in sync. 

This may not be a bad thing. I paired my kitchen ‘room’ with my home theater ‘room’ frequently, so I could cook while listening to football or baseball. As long as I didn’t stand in the doorway where I could hear both ‘rooms’ at the same time, it worked perfectly. Unfortunately, I have moved, and the open plan kitchen I have doesn’t make that work too well…but I still do it occasionally with grouping bedroom speakers to the home theater ‘room’, just not as frequently as before.