Answered

surround sound

• 15 January 2022
  • 3 replies

I’ve got a Sonos beam (Gen2) a Sonos one (Gen2) and a Sonos/IKEA SYMFONISK picture speaker all operating in 1 room. 
I want to be able to when I turn my Tv on the Sonos one and the SYMFONISK play instantly with the beam sound bar rather than going into the Sonos app and selecting the speakers I want to play. 
Is there a way I can add the other 2 speakers to play automatically? 

icon

Best answer by jgatie 15 January 2022, 19:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

You can group the two speakers to the Beam in the Sonos app but make sure Ungroup on Autoplay is disabled so the speakers will stay grouped after the Beam detects an audio signal from the TV. But don’t expect the speakers to stay grouped for an extended period of time especially if they have been idle for a while. Also you may experience a slight audio delay from the grouped speakers when listening to TV audio.

A true surround setup would be to either purchase another One (or One SL) or another SYMFONISK speaker so you can add the pair of same model as actual surround speakers rather than just grouping them together. With this setup, the speakers will always remain “bonded” to the Beam.

If you were to get another speaker of the same/similar type, then you can ‘bond’ them to your Beam. So as an example, you could get another Sonos One/One SL and add/bond the ‘Ones’ to become its HT surrounds. See this LINK

I’ve got a Sonos beam (Gen2) a Sonos one (Gen2) and a Sonos/IKEA SYMFONISK picture speaker all operating in 1 room. 
I want to be able to when I turn my Tv on the Sonos one and the SYMFONISK play instantly with the beam sound bar rather than going into the Sonos app and selecting the speakers I want to play. 
Is there a way I can add the other 2 speakers to play automatically? 

That's not surround sound, it's just a few speakers playing the same thing. In true surround sound, each speaker plays distinct separate channels to add directional cues and ambiance to the overall sound.  For surround sound, you need to bond two same model speakers and/or a Sub with your Beam.