Surround placement with different seating positions?

• 12 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi 

I have the Arc already and looking to get some rears, however my wife and i sit on separate sofas. Her sofa is directly in front of the ARC and mine is 45 degrees to the left. Is it worth placing a rear speaker near her and the other one near me. Would that create a mess of sound of enhance the ARC somehow?  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Our Sofas are in a U shape around the TV and rear surrounds work well for us, even though not all of us are seated in the optimal position. They really do add to the cinematic experience.

I’d certainly be moving the wife to the other sofa though and bagging the prime seat for yourself :runner:  

Thanks for your reply… I know she definitely needs moving. 

That’s my arrangement. Mine would be just behind where the dog is, and the wife’s at the other side of the sofa that is hidden. You think it’s worth it… I’m already half way there buying them?? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

I would say so. Especially if you live in a region where Sonos offer a no quibble try and return policy. If you don't like them, send them back 👍