Surround Not Working After Using for Music

• 17 December 2020
  • 3 replies

I have a Beam, sub and two SL Ones as left and right surrounds connected to my television. Works fine until I switch to Spotify and use the speakers together with my Play 5 and Move. When I go back to television, the Beam works fine but the sub and surrounds are silent. But seem to be showing as online. 

I’ve fixed this in the past by rebooting the router. Obviously, I don’t want to have to do that every time. 

My diagnostic is 601964715. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @James Bullbrish, thanks for the update. I’m glad that the issue was resolved. If you have any questions or run into any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to assist you.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

Thanks for the fast reply Simon. Just got off the phone with support and believe the issue is resolved. Tech was really helpful. Thanks again. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @James Bullbrish, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Thanks for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system, upon checking, it shows some issues on your system. First, there is an IP conflict detected and your speakers are connected on different Wi-Fi channels, We need to take this further, I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps. They will request remote access or screen share to your device controller and check your router settings or anything that could be causing the IP conflict. They’ll give you additional steps and options to resolve this issue.

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.