Surround Cuts Out

• 14 March 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge
My Sonos Play 3 wireless speakers and my wireless sub cut out intermittently while the TV is playing. I have NOT noticed this problem when I'm playing music from my phone. My TV has a soundbar which continues to play, but my Play 3s and the sub cut off for about a minute. I've read your article on wifi interferences and my bridge, my sub, my soundbar, and my 2 Play3s are more than 1 foot away from a router and from each other. I've changed the Sonos Net channel to 1, 6, and 11 and the problem still occurs at any of those settings. My soundbar is connected to TV via s audio cable, bridge is connected via Ethernet cable, and everything else is wireless. I've submitted diagnostic and it gave me this message "Your confirmation number is: 2111889170." Your help would be greatly appreciated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Hi there, djred. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Could you tell us a little more about the make and model of the TV directly connected to the PLAYBAR? I noticed in the diagnostic report, there seem to be a number of errors pointing to the topology of your network changing. Do you have any other devices plugged into your router along with the BOOST? Thanks!
Badge
Thanks, Keith. My TV is Sharp LED LC60LE600U. My internet set up is as follows: I have my main wired modem Motorola® Gateway NVG589 with wireless disabled. My NightHawk AC1900 dual-band router is connected to NVG589 via the Ethernet cable. My Sonos Bridge is connected to NightHawk with an Ethernet cable. Nighthawk is the only devise broadcasting WiFi. My WiFi is set up as 5GHz. My Sonos wireless devices (sub and 2 Play 3s) are WiFi connected. The sound bar is connected via WiFi and via Digital Audio Cable (Optical) that came with Sonos. There's nothing plugged into NightHawk other than Sonos Bridge (out) and Internet (in). There's no BOOST of any kind in my network (not Sonos Boost and not WiFi boost). I have a Sonos Bridge instead. Please let me know what is causing the sub and surrounds to drop while the sound bar continues to play. Thanks for your response.
Badge
Keith, any luck on this? It seems this issue repeats every 20 minutes (approximately) and the cut out lasts about 17 seconds. I've ran an initial diagnostic BEFORE the issue (code 509905600) and then right after the problem (1691456062) and right after the 2nd cut out (248723249). Each "problem" diagnostics were initiated while the problem was still ongoing, but it takes the diagnostic about 30 seconds to run, and the problem goes away in 17 seconds.
Please help.
Hey, djred. Apologies for the delay on this one. I have seen problems with Home Theater dropouts but not with your particular TV model. The diagnostic report doesn't show much in the realm of interference, however, it is showing a problem with the signal it is receiving along with the network topology changing. Topology changes are normally caused by another device hardwired into the network (usually a cable box) that changes the layout of the network before Sonos can get to it. Which might explain why they come and go so frequently.

Have you been able to test the connection between the PLAYBAR and the TV with another optical cable?