Answered

Surround 5.1 setup

• 16 April 2018
  • 7 replies

Do both rear speakers have to be the same? I wanted Alexa in our media room, so have a Sonos One and a Sonos Play 1. Can those be rear speakers together? Setup says they don't match, so no can do??? Seems a bit arbitrary. Both speakers are the same, one has Alexa, but same speaker.
icon

Best answer by nicka99 16 April 2018, 22:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7
Yes I believe they have to be the same, because when you use the phone app to setup the surrouinds you have to select your speakers and the options are "two play:1s" etc, makes me believe you can't pair different models for the surrounds which makes sense anyway why would you want to
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
No - If you have an iPhone you can use the SonoSequencr app to configure a play 1 / one combo as rear surrounds for a very small price !
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/sonosequencr/id967043604?mt=8
Thanks for the response same thing I deduced from the software on the phone I wanted to use them together rather than buy two play ones and having Alexa also. Why should I have to buy three speakers when I only need two for the surround?
Userlevel 5
Badge +7
No - If you have an iPhone you can use the SonoSequencr app to configure a play 1 / one combo as rear surrounds for a very small price !

This is cool, yes it appears you'll be able to pair different speakers with this app as it will make the sonos app think they are the same type of speaker
So if I have an iPhone I can do it for a price that's simply hilarious Ludacris
I am an open source kind of guy but I have a daughter who has an iPhone so I guess I'll go that way thank you very much.
Userlevel 7
Badge +17
I am an open source kind of guy but I have a daughter who has an iPhone so I guess I'll go that way thank you very much.

No problem - is buried a bit deep in the app as it’s not done using sequences like the rest of it - click ‘devices’ at the bottom then your playbar/ playbase room then ‘config’