Question

Surrond Sonos with Sonos Arc and 2 Sonos One is not working with the TV (TCL 55 C71 with Dolby Atmos)

• 3 September 2020
  • 3 replies

Hello all,

I have Sonos Arc and two Sonos Ones set up for surround sound. When I play anything from the mobile it sounds perfect, but when I play it from the television through the HDMI ARC, it is only heard on the Sonos Arc but nothing is heard on the Sonos One. Could you help me identify the problem and the solution?

My TV is a TCL 55 C71 with Dolby Atmos and HDMI ARC.

Thanks in advance

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

Hi @SonosRafa.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post, and it’s a pleasure to help and figure this out for you.

Kindly submit a diagnostic report while it’s happening, and reply with the confirmation number.

I'd start by reviewing your system and see if there’s anything causing this issue.

You may also check this article that provides guidelines and limitations of surround speakers in a Sonos home theater setup. 

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

Hello Annazel,

I have tried more configurations, and apparently there are some programs with which it works, for example if I put a movie in DIsneyPlus the suround works through all the speakers. On the other hand, there are other applications such as YouTube or Netflix that only work on Sonos Arc and nothing is heard on the Sonos One.

The diagnostic confirmation number is 468137960.

Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

Hi @SonosRafa.

Thanks for your response and for your effort in submitting the diagnostic.

First off, I noticed when I review the diagnostic report that the surround speakers are operating on a 2.4 GHz wireless channel and it should be on 5Ghz instead. 

This situation can be due to the distance of these satellites/surrounds from the home theater master, they should be within acceptable wireless range for 5GHz functionality, and commonly comes as a result of wireless interference. Please refer to the attached article, it will help you reduce wireless interference around your Sonos products.

I also suggest the following common fixes:

• Reboot the surround speakers by unplugging them from power and plugging back in after few seconds. (2 Sonos Ones)
  • Test it and if the issue persists please proceed on the next step.
  • Remove the surrounds completely from the HT master, ensure that they are no longer bonded.
  • Re-add the surround speakers.

If the above advice was followed and the issue persists, please submit a new diagnostic report through the Sonos app and provide us the confirmation number, so I can review your system further and see if there’s anything else causing this issue.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to reach out.