Support Audio from Video/TV through whole system

We enjoy watching videos and using the Soundbar (Beam listen in one room and Playbar & Sub in another) to the music. However, I don't believe the system allows us to play the music (from the videos) throughout out our entire Sonos system. We'd love to be able to have the videos play in one room and listen to the music throughout the house. 

4 replies

You can do that, simply group the rooms together.  Note, any grouped room will be delayed slightly compared to the video.  Not noticable unless the rooms are open and next to each other. 

How to group rooms

You can do that, simply group the rooms together.  Note, any grouped room will be delayed slightly compared to the video.  Not noticable unless the rooms are open and next to each other. 

How to group rooms

It's a very noticeable delay (3-5 seconds), and some speakers play something completely different. 

I do this occasionally, and if I stand between the two ‘rooms’, I can hear the delay, but if I’m safely ensconced in one or the other, it doesn’t bother me. And it’s not something you can “fix” or ‘change’, since it’s the way that Sonos buffers the signal so it can be played in all the other ‘rooms’ at the same time. 

If your other speakers are playing something different, you’ve got another issue, and probably should submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of recreating this problem, and contact Sonos Support to discuss it. 

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, and are available Monday through Friday during business hours. Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution. 

It's a very noticeable delay (3-5 seconds), and some speakers play something completely different. 

No it isn’t.  It’s about 50-70 ms.  If you are seeing  a delay of 3-5 seconds, you are doing something wrong.  You need to group using the instructions in the link above.  You can’t just play the same thing in separate rooms without grouping.