SUB levels for music and TV

Userlevel 3
Badge

Are there any plans to have different sub levels for music and TV… similar to surround sound?

Is this possible without manually setting the levels each time?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @ssjken, thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community.

As of now, the Sonos Sub can’t have more than one audio setting in the App.

Done with either Trueplay or Manual Sub settings in the Room settings in the Sonos app.

We don’t have plans on having this feature for the Sub; since the Sub’s purpose is to produce Bass sounds. 

Unlike the surround speakers that produce background sounds for movies and full audio for music.

The Sub does have additive volume and EQ settings in the Sonos app.

If you have other concerns, feel free to reach out.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks for the response, was inquiring because I like my sub at a different level for music than when I watch movies.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @ssjken, thank you for the clarification and sorry for the late response.

No worries, I will tag this thread as a feature request. 

It will be up to our Engineers to add this feature if they decided to.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

It’s a feature that gets my vote, too. 

Hi @ssjken, thank you for the clarification and sorry for the late response.

This feature gets my vote too

Userlevel 7

Hi @ssjken, thank you for the clarification and sorry for the late response.

It would also be nice for the Sonos App to automatically change EQ settings depending on whether a Sonos Arc is playing music or audio from a TV or movie. My EQ settings are completely different on my Arc when I listen to music compared to when I watch TV or watch a movie.

How would the Sonos Arc know whether your TV is playing a movie or something else? It only has a single connection to the TV, the TV would need to know the difference, and then send a non standard (not in the CEC command set) signal to the Arc?

How would the Sonos Arc know whether your TV is playing a movie or something else? It only has a single connection to the TV, the TV would need to know the difference, and then send a non standard (not in the CEC command set) signal to the Arc?

Sonos can already tell when you’re streaming music versus playing movies?

Two different inputs. One is via ARC, one is via internet/SonosNet. 

Userlevel 7

The Sonos app can already tell the difference. Adding the ability for the app to automatically switch preset EQ settings shouldn’t be too difficult for Sonos to add.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

This gets my vote, in the simplest sense i.e. if playing the audio from the TV then use the TV level, if playing from a Music source (Spotify etc.) then use the Music level. Exactly as per how the Surround Audio levels work.

This definitely gets my vote as well, and is the one thing holding me back from adding a new Sonos Sub to my set up