Sub in white

• 30 September 2013
  • 39 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

39 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
It's a white Sub for crying out loud!
Userlevel 6
Badge +3
Hi Everyone.

@CHIP66 Welcome to the community.

We are very well aware of the demanded for a white SUB. I must admit the picture of the modded white SUB above looks great. I wouldn't mind having one myself.
That being said, we don't have an official details we can share right now on the white Sonos SUB but stay tuned. But you can be sure when we have news we'll post it on the community.

On a side note. We understand you want to be heard but copying & pasting the same message in multiple threads is considered as SPAM. We may have to start removing comments if this continues.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
The most immediate definitions of “spam” that I found are…
1. “irrelevant or unsolicited messages sent over the Internet, typically to large numbers of users, for the purposes of advertising, phishing, spreading malware, etc.”
2. “send the same message indiscriminately to (a large numbers of Internet users).”
As a “novice”, I only joined this Sonos Community with the aim of promoting the idea of producing the full range of Sonos products in white. This is just what I would like to see in my home, rather than the incongruous black Playbar and Sub staring me in the face. What I posted was my reply. It is the course of action that I took since most of the threads reveal that customers who are prepared to purchase a white Playbar and/or Sub are being ignored by Sonos because there is no concerted effort. I was not advertising, phishing, spreading malware, etc. Neither was I sending my reply indiscriminately to the whole community. I was very selective and posted my reply strictly under threads that were started by other customers, who, like us, await confirmation as to whether the white Sub and/or Playbar are in the pipeline or not.
Any messages that the Sonos CEO receives respectfully advocating the production of the full range in white should not be taken as spam either because each customer will convey his/her personal views. A wise CEO listens (reads, in this case).
I do apologize if any of you feel that I have committed a cardinal sin in the Sonos world. What I do appreciate is that there are different perceptions or points of view on spamming, and I respect those in the same manner in which I expect my views to be respected. We are all entitled to express our opinions.
This has been a good exercise to get a good measure of Sonos. So the CNET news about the white Sub is not true, and Sonos rarely gives definitive dates for anything. Of course, Sonos has not said anything about a white Playbar or Sub, but – in all honesty – what is the point of the black or white options for the Play 1, 3 and 5 only, leaving those who went for white hanging on for the full range to be offered in that colour? We have had visitors who have asked us to let them know when Sonos releases all its products in white. As appealing as the Sonos concept is, there are people out there who will not buy it in black, or accommodate the concept with a mismatch in looks.
Sonos can rest assured that our family group will be watching with the same interest what Sonos and the competition can offer.
Please do not delay your company announcements for long. People can lose faith very quickly.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Hello, Ryan S.
Your message was actually quite uplifting. We wish we could say the same about Max's. He made CNET look like a misleading source. Anyway, we are not guided by CNET because we are in the UK.
After we bought our black Playbar and Sub, other family members started considering Sonos. We made Sonos additions in white and immediate family went for white too. They did not fancy anything in black, so they settled for the lesser Play 1, 3 or 5.
We get the feeling that Sonos is failing to comprehend that people like us do the advertising for you. We show others what the system can do, controlling it from laptops, iPads or iPhones. We even give technical support after we have received it from Sonos ourselves. Everybody who has come to our home and experienced Sonos can see the massive potential, and we find it quite disheartening when people just ask why we went for black when there is white. Obviously, they do not know that the Playbar and the Sub were the very first Sonos items that we purchased, and that they did not come in white at the time or even now. Please understand that it is people like us who are helping Sonos sell its products. We are even willing to buy more of your products, and this applies to those of us who are waiting for white. Like our immediate relations, people are not going the extra mile to buy the Playbar and Sub because Sonos is only offering them in black.
We are pinning all our hopes on your CEO to have a full Sonos system in white by this Christmas.
If it helps anyone, Flexson has a white skin for the Sub. It is sold in the USA but it is a bit expensive (IMO). I purchased one despite the price and the results are very nice. Everything fits but it takes a bit of patience to get it on correctly without any bubbles.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Delivers by 25th October in the USA:

http://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/sub-white.html
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
In the UK, the white Sub should be delivered (at no extra charge) within 2-3 working days after the release on 25 October. If UK buyers are willing to part with close to GBP 40, they can receive it within a day.
Now, the waiting is for the Playbar in white.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Received mine! It's awesome - pictures here: https://en.community.sonos.com/components-228996/the-sonos-sub-white-4965839/index2.html
I cant Order it and Rob (rob.harris@sonos.com) dont replay me 😞
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
http://www.sonos.com/en-gb/shop/sub-white.html?utm_source=announce-c&utm_medium=email&utm_content=cta-GB&utm_campaign=WhiteSub
Hello, Firefox. The above is the pre-ordering link.
Good luck.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Sorry I forgot to add that I am in the UK, and that I have already received notification that mine is on its way from Holland.
If I try this Link i cant change to my Country when i check out 😞
Userlevel 6
Badge +16
If I try this Link i cant change to my Country when i check out :-(

@Firefox - go to the sonos site direct - sonos.com and on the first page you should see the Sub in white or find it under the shop link.

Now go to buy it and by default it will direct you to your correct store location, e.g. UK/US etc
Same Problem i can only choose USA.........