Question

Sub/Base/Treble,Surrond Settings

• 3 August 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

I realize that most of these settings will be very subjective but I am curious as to what people have their sub, bass, treble and surrond audio set to.

I have an arc, sub (gen 2) and two play1 in room 1.  I did Trueplay and right now everything is set to the default, e.g. sub level is zero.  What settings do others use?  I’m going to play around with it some more but I thought it would be interesting to see what works for others.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @Labdog1978, thanks for reaching out. Regarding your concern, let’s wait for our Sonos community users to share their thoughts on what is the set up that they have for this type of Sonos system.

The Sonos Community is always here to help.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

As you’ve noted it’s all very subjective and a lot of factors will play into it, not least of which are things like room acoustics and speaker placement vs. listening position. This is basically an impossible question to answer as there is no one size fits all.

I have the exact same speaker setup as you and what I’ve done is first calibrated with Trueplay using an old iPad Mini 2 (my iPhone X and my 2017 iPad seem to produce a less pleasing, overly bright sound with Trueplay). So if you have multiple iOS devices see if you get consistent results and which one you like best first. Once that’s done with a device that I think works well I’ve turned down treble very slightly to -1, Sub to +1, loudness on, surrounds set to ambient for music playback and music level turned all the way down to -15 (TV is at the default of 0) as I often sit very near the rear left surround speaker. This is due to my placement  I wouldn’t have it like this otherwise.

So thats my arrangement but this will depend heavily on where you sit, where the speakers are, the room dynamics, etc.

Your best bet is to try out various settings yourself and go from there.