Answered

Struggling with connections inti new home (amps/pairing to sub and surrounds)

• 13 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi folks. To set the context:

- moved into new home. Existing sub reset to factory.

- new home installed 3 amps each running 2 stereo for different zones (2 are sonance 1 jensen) with an arc.

- running amps hardwired and sonos arc is wireless. 

1. My soundbar is not able to set 1 amp and 1 bass for a dedicated home theatre setup. I've tried numerous variations from resetting each device and reconnecting to no avail.

Has anyone experience an issue whereby the soundbar needs to be hardwired and so does amp and sub? Or should I be able to have a home theatre setup on 1 zone with the arc wired, surrounds via amp wired, and wireless sub?

Or is it possible to have wireless sonos arc, wired rear amp surrounds, and wireless sub.

Thanks Sunny 

icon

Best answer by Sunny498 29 December 2020, 04:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Sunny498

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us with your concern. Let me share some information with you. 

You can choose to connect your Sonos Arc, Amp, and a Sub via wired or wireless, they should work in both setups. In a wired setup with at least one of your Sonos products will stay wired to the router with an Ethernet cable to create a dedicated wireless network, your Sonos products will be able to pass the wireless signal to other Sonos products, which means it’s possible for Sonos to operate in a room that is beyond the reach of your WiFi.

To further help you with this, I'll be requesting a diagnostic report submitted from your Sonos system for me to check. Please don't forget to include the confirmation number in your response to look into your system and find out the cause. We'll wait for your reply.

Let us know if you need help with any other information, we're here to assist you.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Sunny498, thanks for your response and for updating us. I’m glad that you have successfully set up your Sonos devices. Please feel free to reach out if you have further questions or concerns, we’ll be glad to assist you. Enjoy your Sonos.

Hi @Rowena B. thanks for the information. 

I think I am now resolved thanks. I managed to wire up the sonos arc with another network cable. I have now have: 

• Arc (Wired)
  • Surrounds (Wired via amp)
  • Sub (wireless)

I was able to connect and setup 5.1 via the app with no issues. 

Thanks again:)

Sunny