Stereo Fives or Stereo Ones to existing surround setup

Hey,

I currently have a Beam Gen 2 and 2x One SL as Surrounds but don’t have a TV or anything connected to it. I only use it for music via Airplay. My Beam sits on my desk and behind where I sit is my bed, where I placed the Ones left and right of it for a surround setup.

Now I’m thinking of adding a stereo pair to my desk (on either side of the Beam) because i want more stereo sound comming from the desk when I’m laying in bed or even if I sit on my desk.

The options are of course a One Stereo Pair or one with 2x Fives, but I think the Fives would be to much for that. (I’ve also considered if I’m going five to put them as surrounds one the place of the ones and to put the ones to my desk at the front)

Whats your thought on that or do you have any recommendations for me?

Thanks and sincerely

4 replies

Userlevel 7

If you have the budget, add two Fives. And I would use the Fives as surrounds and place the two Ones on either side of the Beam.

Have you considered adding a Sub?

If you have the budget, add two Fives. And I would use the Fives as surrounds and place the two Ones on either side of the Beam.

I honestly don’t see the need of a sub in my setup.

2x Fives (especially as surrounds) would be sexy af, I know, but as I said, wouldn’t it be to much at nearly 3 times the cost?

Or do I see it completely wrong?😂

Userlevel 7

2x Fives (especially as surrounds) would be sexy af, I know, but as I said, wouldn’t it be to much at nearly 3 times the cost?

IMO, the best Sonos setup for listening to music is a stereo pair of Fives. Would it be overkill for your bedroom? Possibly. If you didn’t already have a Beam and a pair of Ones in the room, I would say a pair of Fives would be perfect.

If I were you, I would consider using a pair of Fives on the desk as your primary speakers and just using the pair of Ones next to your bed. Move the Beam to another room or sell it to help pay for the two Fives.

IMO, the best Sonos setup for listening to music is a stereo pair of Fives. Would it be overkill for your bedroom? Possibly. If you didn’t already have a Beam and a pair of Ones in the room, I would say a pair of Fives would be perfect.

If I were you, I would consider using a pair of Fives on the desk as your primary speakers and just using the pair of Ones next to your bed. Move the Beam to another room or sell it to help pay for the two Fives.

I‘ve now bought 2 more One SL‘s and try it, if I really want more I return it for 2 Fives.

But your thoughts are really interesting (especially with fives as surround for the Beam) and I really appreciate it. ;)

Thanks for your help and your thought progress!