Answered

Static coming from iPhone 6 Plus when playing Sonos music

• 4 April 2018
  • 1 reply

Badge
I currently have 4 play1’s and today I noticed that my IPhone 6 Plus has static coming from its speaker but only when playing music with the sonos app. Does anybody have the same issue, and know how to stop it?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 5 April 2018, 05:24

That sounds odd. The iphone isn’t in the middle of the process, when you use the controller app, it is just a remote control that tells the computer in the speaker where to go to get music.

So, since the app isn’t ‘playing’ the music, it shouldn’t be trying to access the speaker on your phone. In fact, to my knowledge, the app doesn’t even know that your phone has a speaker at all.

So, I’ve got a couple of generic suggestions. First, delete the app from your phone. Don’t worry, you won’t lose any settings, they are stored on the speakers, not the app. Second, power cycle your phone. Then, once it comes back up, reinstall the app, and test to see if it still has this behavior.

If it does, I’d call in and talk to a Sonos rep for further troubleshooting.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

That sounds odd. The iphone isn’t in the middle of the process, when you use the controller app, it is just a remote control that tells the computer in the speaker where to go to get music.

So, since the app isn’t ‘playing’ the music, it shouldn’t be trying to access the speaker on your phone. In fact, to my knowledge, the app doesn’t even know that your phone has a speaker at all.

So, I’ve got a couple of generic suggestions. First, delete the app from your phone. Don’t worry, you won’t lose any settings, they are stored on the speakers, not the app. Second, power cycle your phone. Then, once it comes back up, reinstall the app, and test to see if it still has this behavior.

If it does, I’d call in and talk to a Sonos rep for further troubleshooting.