Question

Start Up Volume

• 30 December 2019
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Every morning when our family turns on Netflix, we get the Neflix startup “DA-DUM” sound at what seems like maximum volume.  Is there any way to adjust the startup volume?  Initially, I thought the volume was defaulting to the volume setting of whatever was being watched last.  However, it is louder than anyone in our household can handle, so I know that can’t be the case.  I couldn’t tell if this was a Sonos issue or a TV issue.  There are other threads on this topic, but they are a combination of older, archived, or have no replies.

Setup:  LG OLED 77C8 connected via optical to PLAYBASE, 2x Play:1 surrounds, SUB

3 replies

There is no such setting in Sonos software.

Badge +2

There is no such setting in Sonos software.

Then what is causing Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, DirecTV, etc. to start up at full volume?

I’d assume it’s something in your TV set. Or perhaps your remote, as I recall the last time I poked around in my Harmony remote, there was a volume setting there, but have to admit it’s been a year or two.

If you’d prefer, you could certainly contact Sonos Support directly to discuss it, rather than depending on an answer from the Sonos community.

I suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, but they are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. The Twitter support folks are available 24/7.