Answered

Sporadic sound via Samsung 65" Class (64.5" Diag) #UN65MU850DFXZA Plays Netflix with some movies but not others. IR remote topic

Hi all, I've seen this topic a few times but not with my specific TV model #. Refer me to a forum link if this is redundant. My set up: Samsung Smart TV 65" Class (64.5" Diag) #UN65MU850DFXZA playbar, bass, 2 Play 5 and Sub. 1) remote volume doest work (IR topic - if you have a solution please just post buy link in Amazon:)) I toggled off the IR in Sonos App for 'room setup' I can use the POS Samsung App and volume works (on SOME movies) which is sensitive and disconnects all the time. I need a solution using the stock remote? 2) Some movies play via Sonos and other don't...Solution?
icon

Best answer by workshopbuilt 26 May 2018, 15:05

Keith N - Thank you very much for taking the time to reply. I ended up working this out. I use the stock remote with the TV and my phone for sound. It's not ideal but it works for me now:)
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, workshopbuilt. Thanks for posting. Let's take this one item at a time. Typically, when it comes to remote controls, the Playbar reads simple IR commands and will relay them to the TV. Your Samsung Smart TV uses the One Remote and luckily we have a pretty handy FAQ about this remote. Check it out.

When it comes to the movies and some playing audio on Sonos and others won't, it mainly depends on the audio format. For instance, some movies have DTS rather than Dolby Digital. To get more information about the audio formats supported and what to do when there's no sound on Sonos check out this FAQ.

Sometimes it's better to go through Home Theater remote challenges with someone in person on the phone. In that case, feel free to give our support technicians a call.
Keith N - Thank you very much for taking the time to reply. I ended up working this out. I use the stock remote with the TV and my phone for sound. It's not ideal but it works for me now:)
Thank you for this: !! "One Remote and luckily we have a pretty handy FAQ about this remote"