Question

Sporadic Audio Cut Outs

• 12 February 2019
  • 7 replies

Hi. Like others in the community I am experiencing audio cut outs of a about half a second every 10 to 20 seconds or so. It doesn’t do it all the time but I am experiencing it at the moment whilst watching the football on BT Sport via my Virgin cable box. I have also had it films I have recorded from Sky Movies via the box - but not all movies I record. It’s becoming very frustrating and annoying. I am using a Sonos Beam with 2 Sonos Play Ones as rears.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

The next time you experience it, submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

It might also behoove you to do a few other things, just as a precaution. 1) check the TV and all devices that send data to it to make sure that their audio settings are set to Dolby Digital. Not Dolby Digital Plus, not DTS, not Stereo, just Dolby Digital. 2) Make sure your TV's software/firmware is up to date.

Those two things might help....but that diagnostic will likely be much more useful to the folks at Sonos in helping you out.
Thanks Airgetlam. It’s still doing it as we speak so I’ll submit a system diagnostic shortly and post the number.
Ok. My diagnostic number is 1427676071. Please help - this is making watching tv an unpleasant experience!
Hopefully, someone from Sonos, who can read those diagnostics, will be along shortly 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Ok. My diagnostic number is 1427676071. Please help - this is making watching tv an unpleasant experience!

Thanks for sending in the report. Your speakers are losing connection to your wireless network from time to time. Please try changing your router's wireless channel to 6, which is less crowded. Test that out and send along a new diagnostic report if any issues remain.
Hi Jeff. I reset my router over the weekend (I am told by Virgin it will automatically find the least crowded channel?). So far so good, although I’ve not had the opportunity to sit and watch a film streamed from Virgin box yet. I will test this at the weekend and report back. Many thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi, Bferry70. Sounds promising for now. Keep us posted as to the progress of your issue. Many thanks.