Question

Speaker overload?

• 28 October 2017
  • 2 replies

Hi, I have a play base, a sub and two Play 1 surround speakers each side at the rear of the sofa, which is immediately in front of the TV. I decided to invest in two Play 3 speakers to place each side of the TV in a traditional 5:1 arrangement, but there doesn’t seem to be any way of adding them in the same room. All I can do is add them as a pair of stereo speakers in a new room. For music this is no problem, because I can group the two rooms, but they don’t seem to work with the TV, which is hard wired to the Playbase, via a digital fiber cable.

Can anyone help with this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Well, my flabber has never been so ghasted! Thank you for your "advice". Don't concern yourself with me spending my hard earned money... I'll just use the Play 3s in a different room.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
How do people constantly spend so much money on AV gear without doing the most basic research - it's absolutely flabbergasting. No, you cannot connect 2x Play 3s to act as Left and Right fronts. The Playbar itself acts as the centre, front left and front right respectively.